This Spicy Vegetarian Cabbage Soup recipe is chock-filled with healthy veggies, it’s obviously vegan and dairy-free, so heart-felt and delicious.
Cabbage Soup is packed with a mountain of veggies, cooked together in the most delicious, comfortable broth, leading in a hearty meal that will surely warm you up on the chilliest of winter days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- serving: 6 Servings
- Author: Recipemina
- extra-virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Tow stalks celery, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
Heat olive oil in a big pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and add salt, pepper, and chili powder to season. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add beans, garlic, thyme and boil for about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant. pour broth and water, then bring to a cooler.
Add tomatoes and cabbage and simmer for about 6 minutes until the cabbage is wilted.Remove from the heat, stir in flakes of red pepper and petroleum. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more petroleum if used